Congratulations to Kentucky’s Newest Certified Interior Designers! The Board wishes to congratulate the following individuals having become Kentucky Certified Interior Designers since the last published newsletter. These individuals have successfully met the specific requirements of both KRS 323 and KAR 201, Chapter 19, including completion of:
- a post-secondary degree,
- KYBOA prescribed experience and training, and
- successful passage of either the Architect Registration Examination administered by NCARB or the NCIDQ Examination administered by the National Council of Interior Design Qualifications.
Newly Certified CID's.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is a Certified Interior Designer?
A: "Certified interior designer" means a person who is certified to use the title "certified interior designer" in accordance with KRS 323.400 to 323.416 and 323.992 by meeting the criteria of education, experience, and examination as determined by the board
Q: What are frequently used abbreviations?
A: Frequently used abbreviations include:
- CIDA - Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- NAAB - National Architectural Accreditation Board
- NCIDQ - National Council for Interior Design Qualification
- PDU - Professional Development Unit
- KRS - Kentucky Revised Statutes
- KAR - Kentucky Administrative Regulation
- CID - Kentucky Certified Interior Designer (same as KYCID)
Q: Is an examination required?
A: The statutes (201 KAR 19:315) requires you successfully pass the NCIDQ examination prior to certification or that you are an architect licensed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Q: When is my CID certificate renewal due?
A: September 30 of each calendar year
Q: What is the fee for renewing my CID certificate?
A: $200 annually.
Q: Is Continuing Education required for CID's?
A: Yes. 12 Professional Development units are required. Eight PDUs are required to be ‘health, safety & welfare’ subject activities. Refer to: http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/201/019/340.htm for more information.
Q: How do I obtain a list of Certified Interior Designers?
A: For a list of Certified Interior Designers, please contact the Board office at (859) 246-2069.